Multiple options of Canada immigration for Nurses

If, you are a nurse and want to move Canada, there are plenty of options available for nurses to select from. As the requirement for nurses continues to grow, nurses have many opportunities to seek either permanent or temporary residency in Canada. Mississauga Immigration Lawyer is going to outline the four major ways that you can move to Canada as a nurse and guide some of the eligibility requirements that nurses generally have to meet.

  1. Express Entry
  2. Quebec Immigration
  3. Provincial Nominee Programs
  4. Study-2-Immigrate

Express Entry

Registered nurses can apply for Express Entry under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW). They have to meet the minimum requirement of this program. They have to score 67 out of 100 points which are based on their eligibility factors such as; Education, Work experiences, age and language proficiency.

If, individual can meet the minimum requirement, an application can be submitted to Express Entry pool. After submission, each applicant gets CRS scores out of 1200 which is completely based on eligibility factors. The applicants with higher scores get ITAs invitation to applying for PR.

Provincial Nominee Programs

Another probable immigration alternative for nurses to migrate to Canada is through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).  This immigration program runs under the partnership of provincial governments and the federal government. Each region in Canada operates its own Provincial nominee program with numerous streams, but each region poses to Canadian permanent residence. Fortunately, once you receive a nomination from one of these PNPs, it gives you an additional 600 CRS points that will help you in receiving an ITA invitation. Each PNP has its own requirements that an applicant has to meet for getting Canada PR.

Quebec Immigration Program

Nurses can also apply under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW), if they score minimum 50 points on the Quebec selection grid. QSW opens up an intake couple of times in a year with limited quotas and the applicant has to reside all year only in QUEBEC. It means that they cannot move anywhere else in the country after getting PR status. If, you meet the minimum requirements and   eligible to submit an application, there are some benefits to this program as compared to Express Entry such as; no need ECA and settlement funds, no minimum required IELTS score.

Study Visa

Even if, you are not eligible for any of the above immigration alternatives, you can still move to Canada. You can apply for study visa to build your advance career options. Your Canadian education may even help you in increasing your eligibility to migrate permanently when you will graduate.